Tuesday, March 16, 2010

whatever...

"One of the penalties of sin is our acceptance of it." -Oswald Chambers

Anyone up for a bowl of mediocrity? It has no nutritional value... it's yummy... desirable... and it only satisfies you for...MAYBE... 1.5 seconds... Then you'll be starving again in a few minutes...

That's the way this quote from Oswald Chambers makes me feel... WOW!! Way to push me off of the pedestal I put myself on top of and back down to the feet of Jesus where I belong!!!

"No struggling or praying will enable you to stop doing certain things, and the penalty of sin is that you gradually get used to it, until you finally come to the place where you no longer even realize that it is sin. No power, except the power that comes from being filled with the Holy Spirit, can change or prevent the inherent consequences of sin." - Oswald Chambers

I am SO aware of what he is talking about right there... I get it entirely. I seem to like doing whatever I want to do... because I keep doing it... and finally I become desensitized. I don't even THINK about what I am doing is wrong. However minute it may be... however insignificant it may seem... "I'm not hurting anyone else, right? So... why not?" and the classic is... "I can stop whenever I want to! I know I don't need this.." WOW! How do we let ourselves become OKAY with mediocrity? With scraping by? I don't mean in the world... when it comes to money and success... I mean when it comes to the only important thing that there IS IN LIFE!!! CHRIST and Christ in me! Doing His will... It isn't our lives. There is NO OTHER purpose for our lives on this planet except to bring glory to His name.

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of Peace will be with you." - Philippians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment