Thursday, March 11, 2010

Delight

"Delight yourselves also in the Lord and He will give you the desire of your heart."

I seem to think I'm an optimist. Well, it makes me happy to believe myself to be one. I have always found myself trying to think positively about something. I feel I am in competition with those around me to be the happiest! I know that's awful... I am in competition with those around me to be happy... but what I mean by that is this: If others are finding joy in their lives... if they can honestly say, "I am happy!" it makes me step back and look at my life. What makes me the happiest? Am I truly happy? What defines happiness in my life? What defines contentment? What defines optimism for that matter? Those things are the things that draw to me the most in others. It's a healthy competition. If they're happy, why can't I be?

I have always wanted to be surrounded with optimistic people. I have always been drawn to people who are actually LIVING their lives. I guess I'm starting this blog to express what things in my life make me the happiest. I would like to share my best days, my blessings, and my worst days with an underlying theme of joy and optimism.

I hope to put a smile on people's faces. These days it can be hard to find something to be smiling about.

Today's topic to smile about: The joy of the Lord. Nothing compares. When I'm surrounded in His love... I can't find a thing to be negative about. Everything is sunshine, butterflies and smiles. Not necessarily literally... but my perspective changes when God gives me joy.

"Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly... and the best of the three is LOVE."
1Cor.13

2 comments: