Wednesday, March 24, 2010

DECREASE!

I really want to quote the entire My Utmost for His Highest I'm reading today. It's so incredible! Especially in light of what is going on right now in our country.

"If you become a necessity to someone else's life, you are out of God's will."

"When you begin to see that person (someone who hasn't trusted God yet) in the middle of a difficult and painful struggle, don't try to prevent it, but pray that his difficulty will grow even ten times stronger, until no power on earth or in hell could hold him away from Jesus Christ. Over and over again, we try to be amateur providences in someone's life. We are indeed amateurs, coming in and actually preventing God's will and saying, "This person should not have to experience this difficulty." Instead of being friends of the Bridegroom, our sympathy gets in the way. One day that person will say to us, "You are a thief; you stole my desire to follow Jesus, and because of you I lost sight of Him."

"Beware of rejoicing with someone over the WRONG thing, but always look to rejoice over the right thing. ...He must increase, but I must decrease".

"You must often have to watch Jesus Christ wreck a life before He saves it."

I don't know what else to say! This puts it so bluntly! Who are we to say what we deserve? Who are we to say what trials shouldn't come our way! These are the things that bring us CLOSER to CHRIST!!!!! What more could you want!

With this, I say... REJOICE!!! Find happiness and contentment so that your relationship with Him gets that much better and stronger.

I love Jesus Christ more than I can express... but He loves me so much that He's willing to watch us suffer, so that one day we can praise Him in ALL His unfailing Glory!
HE'S the only one who deserves anything... We do not. He created US! It's not the other way around. No human created praise and worship. He is not something made-up. WE ARE!

Let's try for a minute to wrap our brains around that... then move towards the only truth there is left in this life... JESUS and His unfailing love.

1 comment: